Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday Fun!

Sarah and Doni are the best cake makers ever! Misty's birthday is in May then we have one a month until Mindy's in October. Last year they did cake's to match everyone's personality. Misty had a breast cake......with a bikini on it. That is self explanitory! Doni's was a Edward Cullen's head. Sarah's was a purse. Mine was a cell phone. (I do not know why they did that....whatever!) Mindy's was a ski scene with polly pockets, and Lisa's was a diet coke can. They were so neat. I wish so bad I had my camera but alas I did not. So anyway this year we did themes. Misty had just had a baby so we did a spa theme. They made a face with cucumber eyes, creme on the face with a towel around the head. (There is a picture on her blog of the cake. The Newmans) Then for her gift and activity we went to a spa in Salt Lake. It was a birthday present for all. Sarah's was all about tennis. Doni made a tennis racket cake. It looked like you could pick it up and hit a ball with it. We gave her a tennis outfit and a ball holder with tennis balls for a year. Then we went and played tennis and went to breakfast at Kneaders. Doni is going to Hawaii for the first time this fall. We got her a gift certificate at Hapari for a new suit. Her cake was a pinneapple with a real top. I wish I had a picture because it looked so real! Then we made pina coladas and layed out by the pool until it got to windy and we came back inside for more drinks. This time I had my camera....
I promised Doni I would not show anyone these pictures. But this was the only birthday I captured, so I have to use it. She looks darling. She does not look at blogs so the deal is no one says anything and she will never know she is in her swimming suit on my blog.
Here is Mindy making our drinks with her special recipe minus the rum!
So for my birthday this year they made a sushi cake. It had all my favorites, a california roll made out of twinkies and fruit by the foot, and a vegas roll from half of a powdered donut. Then we went to Happy Sumo. After we went for pedicures from the talented Asains! I got a cute watch and necklace wrapped in a chinese to go box. (They couldn't think of an Asian gift I would appreciate.) It was so much fun. Turning 33 wasn't as painful as I imagined! Lisa and Mindy's birthdays are coming up and they are going to be great. I can't give away the surprise but stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Shannon and Andrew said...

Doni looks hot in her swimsuit. I wish you had a pic of your cake. I saw Misty's last two years. It is so fun how you do so much for eachothers birthdays.

welovebees said...

How nice that you have such a good group of friends ;). You have 5 more than me (thank goodness for you and Beck)!!! Your new blog look is great - you are so tech savy!!! Maybe you could teach me a trick or two for my blog!

Misty said...

We seriously have the best friends.. I have to say the cakes are the highlight of our bday celebrations. I love May through October!!! It's so fun! I'm looking forward to Disneyland next year.