Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bear Lake Fun

My grandparent's built our cabin before I was born. Bear Lake has been a summer tradition my whole life. Just driving up there brings a happy feeling to me. I love everything about it. I have so many happy childhood memories driving in my grandma's green station wagon sitting backwards in Logan canyon. (No wonder just looking at a car makes me car sick!) Every weekend we would stop in Logan and get curds then up to USU campus to get my mom Aggie icecream. I am so blessed that I get to share these fun memories with my kids. Sometimes when my kids are out making sand castles or collecting sea shells I imagine my mom and grandma standing on the same red deck, that has been there for 35 years, and smiling while watching them.
I love Aniston's chubby little legs!

This is my cute sister in law Claire.
Two little peas in a pod ruining the big kids sand castle.

See what I mean about the piggy smile.
Here is our new tradition.......sitting around the camp fire roastin marshmellows and just visiting.


Again the piggy smile!


She said she wanted to go tubbing with Squeezy. I don't think she understood what that meant. She got in and started screaming. Maybe next year!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for posting these pics. Everyone is getting so big! I wish I could see Becky's tummy, but Im sure she's still tiny since she's eternally that way anyway! Its funny because my parents are just starting the process of building a cabin for family get-togethers. I hope my kids have the same nostalgia you remember having as a child.

The Cliftens said...

I am so sad I've only been once this year. Can you adopt me into your family? You guys are way more fun. :)

Travis and Courtney said...

Nan! It is so good to hear from you! I love blogging. It's the best! I am so sad that I didn't see you in Wal-mart. Hopefully we'll run into each other soon. I hope all is well with your adorable family. Keep in touch! =)

Tara said...

Ok, I can't stop laughing at the piggy smile!! How cute is that? So fun for your family to have such great memories of Bear Lake! (btw I love your red and white swimsuit) Stockton is growing up way too fast- Cammon idolizes him:) He has been asking me nonstop since Stock's bday if he can have his bday party there too!?!

Natalie said...

Nan, what fun memories. MAN, you sure have a lot of family traditions. You are a well traveled woman. I love it!

Love the smile, Sadie does one, she looks a little Asian when she smiles, her eyes disapeer.

Such fun memories you are creating with your family!

SKH said...

It looks like so much fun. One of the many Utah vacation places I have yet to visit. Jay needs to get on the ball and take his family there. So funny how kids want to do what their siblings are doing until they actually get their 'feet wet'. What fun memories.

welovebees said...

you are so popular - 6 comments in 24 hours!!! Thanks for not using a HORRIBLE picture of me. Its fun to be part of the family traditions now!

katie said...

how fun! i am sure that your kids will look back and have the same great memories that you are having!
the "piggy smile" is way too cute:)
way to be a great mom who is getting right out there with them!!! i love it....

Misty said...

So cute Nan- You've done a ton on your blog since I checked it last. I love your cabin too. It's actually in the background of one of Kena's picutres on her baptism video.

Sheena said...

That was fun to see you today! I love your little anni....she is so cute and had the best personality. I thought she did great! Love her piggy smile so cute. Need to update blog from whole summer! Love yours...you are good. Thanks for being a great friend! Truly

Cristy said...

Looks like so much fun!I know your mom and grandma were right there having a great time watching you guys! Wrap your arms around yourself and give a squeeze from me! I have to say I love the Piggie smile!! Your new page looks awesome! Look at my ridiculous one if you want a laugh I swear you would think I would have figured it out by now??? Oh well love ya tons give all those sweet kids hugs and kisses even if they think they are too big!