Monday, September 8, 2008

Stockton's 10th Birthday

My baby turned into a great big boy over night. I seriously feel like I had him yesterday. As long as I can remember I wanted a baby. When we found out we were going to have a baby, 11 months almost to the day we got married, I was thrilled. Bart and I were both still in school and thought McDonald's was our splurge for the week. We were just livin' on love. The minute he was born I was in love. We went in on June 1st to have him. I was in labor for 12 hours and didn't dilate past a one. My Doctor sent me home. So 14 days later I went into my Dr's. office and told him I would sit there and cry until he got this baby out. I had waited long enough and I wanted him NOW!! I was in labor for three straight days and pushed HARD for about 17 hours, and finally he was born. It was worth all of it. He was born on June 17th. As soon as he was born I knew he was special. He hardly even cried, he just laid in my arms and slept. I had never seen anything so special and wonderful in my whole life. I didn't know one person could feel this much love for anything. He was an angel and still is. He is such a good boy and always wants to make everyone around him happy. We used to sit around for hours and laugh at the funny things he did. He is my parent's first grandchild, so he grew up with all of our undivided attention. Still to this day he brings me so much joy! Thanks for making me so proud of you everyday. Happy Birthday Stockton!




Stockton loves Indiana Jones. He got to pick out his own cake.

The boys had so much fun playing football outside I wished we had planned that for our activity. They were sad we had to get in the car to go to the real party.
We went to the Space Center in Pleasant Grove. It was so neat. They all had a blast! Stockton already has next year planned out for the same place.

At our house it is Birthday week. We had a fun family birthday party also. Stockton get spoiled every year. He deserves it!





3 comments:

katie said...

happy birthday stockton!

my oh my...you are having fun birthdays everywhere! :)

can i live in your world?

SKH said...

I can't believe it has been 10 years! It seems like just yesterday you guys were in your condo in murray. I remember so vividly you coming home the first time and didn't they give you an epideral even? But we still played games...You were such a good sport. You always amazed me (you were the first person I actually witnessed go through prenancy) Then when we saw him at the hospital, he really was a beautiful baby. Happy Bday Stockton!

The Cliftens said...

I can't believe my little Dotchy is ten! Tell him happy bday from his favorite cousin. Is that a Harry Potter cake?