Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mutual Dell

Girls camp was at Mutual Dell this year. Due to the "Freedom Festival," I had to get a babysitter to stay with my kids, but I got to go for almost the whole week. I hate to camp, but I had a blast. We slept in tents on the ground even. I haven't done that since I was in girl's camp a million years ago!
They had a really fun zip line that we all did. It doesn't look that bad until you get up there on the platform. It looked like it was a hundred feet in the air. We hiked up to some beautiful waterfalls and played lots of fun games. My favorite part was the morning meetings. The stake young woman's presidency had each ward act out a part in the Book of Mormon. They wanted it to be a spiritual thing not funny. I wondered how that was going to work with 50 young giggly girls. We had the part about Helaman's stripling warriors. We worked for a couple of months preparing for our part. It is one of my favorite stories so it was so much fun. Our girls did such a great job. When they finished there was not a dry eye in the crowd.



I work with the most amazing women. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like a calling because I am just hanging out with all of my friends.





1 comment:

Tara said...

I bet the girls just love you as a leader, they probably all have a blast! Ok, you look too cute to be at camp, come on, where's the dingy old class of '93 t-shirt??? So fun, I'm jealous, I LOVED girls camp back in the day! So you'll have to fill me in on what you did for your Helaman act, I bet it was awesome, that's such a great idea to add to camp! Oh, and I'm jealous of the Lake Powell pictures, need I say more:)