Monday, September 15, 2008

Lake Powell with Kids

So we got home from Bear Lake on Saturday night at midnight, went to sleep. We got up went to church came home and left for Lake Powell. It was a lot of water in a short period. I love Lake Powell with all of my heart so I was in heaven. Becky tended Ansiton so it worked out great. It was fun to hang out with the big kids and give them all my attention. Kennedie wanted to wake board. If you know this child all it takes is a desire and it gets done. She got up so quick I couldn't believe it. She makes everything look easy.


The boys loved tubing. Sean was a good sport and took them all day long!

After Weston saw Kennedie wake board he wanted to do it. So Sean put him on the board and pulled both of them up. It was crazy! Weston weights a TON!! Weston told Sean he was the strongest person he knew. The problem was that after he did it once Weston wouldn't stop bugging him to do it again. It was fun to watch. Sean got his work out for the year!!


Here is my sexy husband. He is HOT when he wake boards!!

I have been wake boarding a lot more than skiing these past couple of years. So this year I tried skiing again. I started skiing when I was really young, so it is what I know. I found that I am a much better skiier than wake boarder (is wake boarder a word?)

The kids had so much fun going off the slide, and jumping off the top.
I know I keep talking about my childhood but it is what we do when we get older. I remember going to Lake Powell with my grandma and staying in trailers in Bull Frog. I hope my kids will look back with a smile on their childhood as they remember going to Lake Powell as a family. It is still my favorite vacation!

6 comments:

The Dobrons said...

How the heck did he do that with Weston? That's awesome! I love my childhood memories of Powell...your kids will treasure those trips!

katie said...

ohhhhh lake powell! one of my dream worlds...to live there, on a houseboat, 24-7!
how fun and you're lookin good all tan and toned up! way to go hottie!

so i am going to also ask you to run in the st george half when we do it in jan. will you? that would be way fun! pleeeeeeese :)
i'm not taking no for an answer...

The Cliftens said...

You are not supposed to go to LP without us!!! Whatever happened to our families going every other year??

The Brockbanks said...

Katie-
You are so cute! Thanks so much for the invite. You are the sweetest friend!! I have never ran more than 5 miles I think I might die if I tried more. I run 5 miles twice a week and in my mind that counts as 10....right?! But I could come and be your biggest cheerleader!!! I would love a reason to go down to St. George. Maybe I could even put on a cheer skirt for the occasion.

The Brockbanks said...

Nat-
Lake Powell is not as much fun without you!!! I just can't get our families on board. Maybe if you help me work on them we can instill our love for Lake Powell in their hearts and they will come with us. Let's start planning next year!!!

Shannon and Andrew said...

Our family trips were always to Lake Mead and they are the most fun I had when I was YOUNGER>