Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lake Powell without kids!

Our friends, the Whittinghams, let us borrow their house boat for a fun adult vacation to Lake Powell. I love taking my kids to Lake Powell but I worry the whole time. It was nice not to have to stress about watching to make sure no one drowned.
Sean got a new surf board. We spent most of our time trying to figure it out. You are not supposed to have to hold on to a rope at all. Some of the guys got pretty close but I am not sure we ever totally got it. So if anyone has any suggestions........

We skiied, swam, made pyramids, ate, slept and played cards. (The girls dominated at cards, better luck next time boys!) I can't wait to do it again next year.
It was a relaxing and fun trip. Although I have never been to Lake Powell and had anything but a great time, this was one of the funnest.

6 comments:

welovebees said...

You have the best life... or should I say funnest :).

The Cliftens said...

Seriously, you vacation more than me..and that is A LOT!! And I don't think anything compares to our LP trips! This must have been a close second. :)

Shannon and Andrew said...

What a fun time. And I don't think I know anyone that vacations as much as you. I say if you can do it, why not?

Raquel said...

You are so lucky! And you look hot in your swim suit! :) It was so much fun seeing you in Utah too!

katie said...

i've said it before, and i'll say it again....

I LOVE LAKE POWELL AND COULD LIVE ALL YEAR ROUND THERE IF SUPPLIED WITH THE RIGHT HOUSE BOAT!!!

how fun?!?

lets plan our next girls night adventure....

Misty said...

Nan- That trip was so fun and the pictures are soo cute. In the last picture of the girls it looks like you are trying to strangle me. It's just our love hate relationship showing up in the pictures again. Actually, there's no hate, just love.