Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Soccer

Soccer is over, for now! I love going to the kids games. Weston just kind of stands in the middle of the field and when asked what he is doing, yells back,"Waiting for the ball to come to me!" Of course why waste energy going to get the ball. Just wait and eventually it will come....

If he is not standing patiently waiting for the ball, he is barking out orders around him, about how the other players should do things.


I just sit and giggle at him. Kennedie has been playing rec ball since she was about three. This year she decided to try out for a competition team. Why not!? I could not believe it when the coach called, she made it! We were so excited for her. She made the B team, yeah! Well come to find out there was not enough players for the B-team so they had to play in the A league. The coaches warned us that we would not win one game.

We had the first game and they looked pretty good. They ended up winning the first couple of games. We were so excited. Out of 13 A and B teams, we were ranked #5. So we ended up playing the # 1 team. I was in Colorado at the time and was so sad I missed it but.......I got a phone call and all I could hear was screaming. Kennedie had scored the winning goal against the #1 team and we won! She was so thrilled. She has great teammates and the coaches were fabulous. She learned so much and made great friends this year. We are looking forward to indoor soccer in the spring.



I am not giving up on my dreams for an olympic gymnast yet, but the way things are going I might have to settle for a soccer gold medal, ha ha! :)




3 comments:

welovebees said...

What amazing kids!

katie said...

they never do what weeeeeee want huh?!?

:)

Tara said...

Good Job Kennedie!! She will be amazing at whatever she does- I'd still count on a gymnast and soccer star:)