Friday, March 7, 2008

My Hobby

I know what you are thinking, "Which of these girls is not like the other?"



Cheerleading is my passion! I love it. It is in my genes. My mom cheered at Lehi, and my sister and I followed in her footsteps. Go Pioneers! I love going to sporting events just so I can sit and watch the cheerleaders. (Don't tell Bart he won't let me go anymore) Sometimes I find the cheerleading competitions on television, and I am glued. Even though I am old, I still love it. Because I can't do it anymore (I tried fitting in my skirt and if I didn't need to breathe it would have worked) I decided to coach it. The girls have been so much fun, I love this age, it keeps me young. The girls spotted me the other day and I did the first backhand spring, post four kids. My back felt like it was going to break in half but I didn't do any serious damage. Go Lonepeak!

8 comments:

Karlene said...

Nan, Thank you for stepping in this year just in time. What started out as kind of a disaster, has been such a fun experience for the girls! They have LOVED you! And as a parent, I'm so thankful you made it great so Whitney would want to cheer again next year.Thanks again, You're darling!!
Karlene p.s. Way to go on the back handspring! :)

Raquel said...

How fun! I'm so jealous! I'm am totally impressed with the backhand spring! I'm not sure I would even attempt doing one of those right now!:)

SKH said...

That is awesome! No doubt it will keep you young! (and limber) I bet those girls just love you!

Natalie said...

Nan,

You look just like one of those young chicks! That is great that you are able to be the Coach! How fun to get out and do something that you LOVE to do! Good Luck!

Jake & Robyn said...

Nan, you're too cute! You look just like the girls, I had to do a double take to find you! Looks like so much fun!

The Cliftens said...

I didn't know you were doing that!!! How fun! Maybe you will be my inspiration to be the Drill team coach one day! :)

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

So fun!! I am so jealous you have a hobby! HAHAHA have you thought of one for me yet??? I have been out of blogging forever but it was so fun to get caught up and see what you have been up to. I just got your message I will call you tomorrow I want to hear all about Hawaii!! I was hoping we would atleast see each other in passing at the airport or something!!

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

We need to go out soon- whats your plans this weekend????