Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Big Island of Hawaii


This waterfall was at the Hilton. It was hard to keep Wes and Claire off of each other. Techincally I guess they are still newlyweds. (Since Claire and Bec don't blog I have to do it for them.)



This is Bart and I at the Wiameia Falls. It was so beautiful. This picture does not do it justice. The Kona temple was the highlight of my trip. It was so much fun being there with my family. It is a small temple and we got to meet the Temple President on the way out.

We had so much fun playing tennis together. Finally my year of lessons paid off. Bart and I actually won a couple!

This was at Hapuna Beach. It is rated one of the top 10 beaches every year. It was perfect!
Bart and I had so much fun hanging out together (literally, we are in a tree). It is fun being to together without the stresses of everyday life.
This picture is on our way to the volcano by Hilo. The boys had a moustache growing contest. So Josh and I took a picture everyday to see the progress. I will post those on my next blog. We had fun laying out and reading every morning while the guys played golf. Then at night the girls kicked the boys butt at cards. We beat them every night. Bart and I enjoyed watching Hero's on DVD before bed.
It was a perfect trip! The weather was gorgeous every single day. We did not even have the usual daily rain of Hawaii. It was so much fun being with my family and getting to know Claire better. I love my family so much and enjoyed every minute with them. Thanks Dad! Until next year........Same time in Kauii!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! i was just wondering if claire and becky had blogs...guess not so keep us up to date on them too.

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

How fun!!! I love all your pictures those are so cute!!! I will need to try that island next!!!

Raquel said...

You guys are so cute! Family vacations are the best! We need to plan one with all the cousins!

Natalie said...

Nan,

I love Hawaii! It sounds like you had such a fun time. It is so nice to get away with just adults! It really makes you fall in love all over again. You can enjoy the little things like holding hads with your husband! I am glad you were able to go with your dad! He is so cute! Have a great day!