Sunday, May 11, 2008

Spring Break in St. George

We went to the big bra to swim indoors with the Bullington's. I think Stockton had more fun than Kennedie did playing with Tara and Maddi. Lisa and I were on full alert watching our kids every minute. We do not have good luck together with our kids swimming in St. George. Last year during Spring Break Weston almost drowned and grabbed on to Tara. It was one of the most terrifying moments of our lives.

I am a little late posting this. But better late than never! St. George for Spring Break means something totally different to me now versus when I was in High School. No more dragging Main, and staying up late, sleeping in and laying out all day with friends. Now it means taking care of kids and more taking care of kids. I have to admit I like my life better now than then.

The kids were so brave getting in Grandpa's pool. It was freezing, and they did not even seem to notice. Bec, Josh and Lauren were there with us for the first couple of days. We had so much fun with them. Well except for Josh. He is a pain in the butt. He asked if we were coming down in May. I thought he was asking me because he wanted us to come with them. No, he was asking to make sure we were not coming with them. He is so mean to me but I know deep down he loves me. The kids adore Lauren, almost too much they about sufficate her.




Of course Fiesta Fun is always on the agenda. Bart usually goes without me and takes the kids. I am not sure why but he made me go this time. We went on the bumper water boats. I am pretty sure I will not get the invite again. The whole time all I did was yell at the kids. As I was taking pictures with my camera they kept squirting me in the face. (It is not a water proof camera.) Then they kept squirting Aniston in the face, and she was screaming. I kept thinking to myself, "Stop being a party poop." I couldn't help it I was getting so annoyed. I am NO fun at Fiesta Fun. Aniston enjoyed the jungle play area a lot more than getting sprayed in the face on bumper boats!




Our friends the Mendenhall's invited us over for a BBQ at their place. We had so much fun. John is a great griller. Thanks for having us!
We met our friends the Ross' for a little tennis and swimming too. Their pool was heated and the kids had a blast trying to poke each other's eyes out with the plastic diving toys.



5 comments:

Raquel said...

Those pictures are so dang cute! What a fun family vacation! I'm so excited to see you guys in June! Happy Mother's Day to you!

katie said...

2 words....FUN SUN....
That's all that matters compared to our cold home weather
:( Looks like so much fun! and you are sooo tan. (I am jealous)

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

How fun! I am dyeing to get to St. George!! You got some cute pictures of all your kids. We still need to plan a get away to George that would be so fun! Remember how pathetic we are and years ago when we went before we were even married and we layed in the sun from like 8 to 5. We really need to all go!!! It was good seeing you the other day!

Tara said...

Diddo to Angi's comment, when's our trip to St. George going to be??? Way to be a good mom and go along to the playland place only to get drenched, gotta love the kids!

Shannon and Andrew said...

That looks like a busy and fun week. I totally relate with being the Party pooper.