Thursday, May 22, 2008

The No Talent, Talent Show

It was time for the Mountainville Stars Talent show. Kennedie told me she would be doing a dance routine with her friend at 1:00 p.m. Doni and I woke Aniston up from her nap and ran over early to get a good seat. After much trial and tribulation they got the boom box working and the program started at 1:20p.m. The put an overhead projector up on an, uneven wall, so that no one could see it. (Maybe we should have planned this out a before the show started.) It was 3 pages long. To make a long story short we had the same students doing two numbers and each of them were about 5-7 min. long. Hello! If you have 300 students wanting to perform should we limit that everyone can do one thing and it can only be 2 min.? Well needless to say that Kennedie was on the second page and it was 3:00 p.m. and time for school to be over before they got to the second page. She did not get to perform!! I had sat there and refereed Aniston (with half a nap) for two straight hours! At least we got to see Doni and Sarah's kids dance. They were so cute. They did a Hannah Montana Merry Christmas song. When they were done Ally yelled out "Have a Merry Christmas everyone!" I loved it! That, and watching Doni figure out how to swallow her tongue was the highlight of the day.


So after being tortured for two hours we did not want to go home and get Doni's car for her carpool so we just piled BOTH carpools into my car. It was hilarious. By then I had to laugh to keep from crying. I got the giggles and we laughed all the way home with 20 kids in the car yelling, screaming and laughing too.
We warned everyone not to tell their parent's about this or we were sure to get kicked out of our carpooling groups.
The only thing that would have made the day more fun would have been to get pulled over and given a ticket. With my luck I am so surprised that didn't happen!
I can't wait until next year! I think I am sick that day!

5 comments:

Shannon and Andrew said...

Holy Cow...how many kids did you fit in your car???

katie said...

Atleast I know that I am not the only one who breaks the "car seating" rules! hehehe I love it!

Natalie said...

Nan, How sad for ALL the kids that practiced and worked sooo hard! I loved the pictures with ALL the kids in your car, that is Classic, only in Utah!

Tara said...

How annoying to sit and wait/watch for TWO hours but not even see Kennedie perform! I'm suggesting they put you in charge next year! Love the kid sardine picture:)

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I am wondering why we don't just get a huge bus and carpool all our kids at once... then again... I think you pulled that off! LOVE IT!!!