Friday, February 1, 2008

Well after a ten year off and on break from skiing, because we couldn't afford it, I was pregnant or had a newborn, I have started skiing again! It has been an adventure. I put the three oldest kids in lessons. They are going to be better than I am really soon. I have begged, threatened, bribed, cried, asked nicely, yelled meanly, used a guilt trip and nothing has worked to talk Bart into coming with us. I think it would be such a fun family activity for us. He will not do it. Once he puts his mind to something that is it. So he is the designated babysitter. So if any of you want to come with us, Bart is up for tending.
The first day we went I was a little surprised at both of my big kids. Stockton did great and loved it. I thought he would struggle more and hate it. Kennedie hung on to me for four hours as I tried to get her to stay upright for at least five feet at a time. My shins hurt the next week from skiing backwards all day. The next Saturday Kennedie was not even the same girl. She didn't need me at all and skiied by herself the whole day. She hardly even used the "pizza" stance it was mostly just the "french fry." It was amazing! I am so glad the kids have had fun. I don't love the cold and the hassle of skiing. I am clausterphobic and I hate all of the clothes I have to wear, so skiing is not my favorite sport. (I wish I could ski in a tennis outfit.) But it is fun going with the kids and spending time together uninterrupted. It has been a good bonding experience!


4 comments:

Tara said...

Looks so fun! We need to join you one of these days especially if Bart is baby-sitting! Cala and Aniston will have fun!

Natalie said...

NAN, What a women to take 3 kids skiing by yourself! That is great that they are learning young. My boys really miss that they can't ski, but they are taking up body boarding and surfing! Hey, I think you should try skiing in your tennis outfit, you would be a hit, you might even get BART up there to check you out!

Raquel said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm a little jealous of the snow too. I can't wait for Ava to get bigger so we can do fun stuff like that!

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

So fun!! I am jealous I wish I was a good skiier!!! My kids will never learn because we don't know how. We should all go that would be fun. I am with Tara if Bart's babysitting what are we waiting for??? See, you have a hobby way to go. Help me think of one for me!!!!!