Sunday, April 20, 2008

Girls Weekend Yeah!


Friday afternoon Sarah and I headed to St. George for our annual girls weekend. But before I left I got a ticket in the mail saying that we owed $57.00 for not paying the $1.50 toll road when we were in California last October. Whatever! Bart and I do not remember that so I just put it aside. So after stopping for some snacks we were on our way. We got down by Fillmore and I looked in my rear view mirror to see lights blaring. I was in Bart's truck and I knew I had not been speeding. He said he pulled us over for the windows being too tinted! Sarah asked, "Can you pull us over for that?" He pulled down his glasses half way and as cool as he could said, "We are here aren't we?" What a jerk!!! So another $50.00 ticket.
As soon as he was leaving I looked down and noticed that we were out of gas. There was not a gas station in sight. Mr. To Cool for School guy, told us that the nearest gas station was about 15 miles away. So after praying in my mind we took off. We coasted in after 8 miles to the gas station. I am not kidding, I mean COASTED in. I filled up and went to start the truck and nothing! It would turn over but that was it. So we asked this nice man next to us and luckily he had a screwdriver and knew just what to do. He primed the tank and we were off again. I was begining to think we were not going to make it!

Our friend Terri built a six million dollar home to sell at the parade of homes that hasn't sold yet, so she invited us to stay there for the weekend. Friday night she took us to the Colbie Caillet concert at the Tuachan. I had no idea who she was, but the concert was great! The opening singer was as good or better than Colbie. So on the way back to the Ledges I was driving about 20mph because traffic was so bad. All of a sudden I see lights behind me. ANOTHER COP!!! Seriously leave me alone. It was April 3rd and Bart's registration expired on the last day of March. Three days past due. Is there no grace period here? He gave me my third ticket for the day! He was even a bigger jerk than the first cop. They really have way too much power!!
We had a lot of fun just laying out, eating ,talking and even a little Christensen's. Terri's house was amazing. I felt like a movie star staying there. We hired some massage therapists that came in and gave us massages in her own salon that she built downstairs.
The upstairs had great big huge windows instead of walls. The view was amazing. It was all a little surreal! So sorry Terri but I hope you don't sell it. I am already looking forward to next year!
So after living it up for just three short days it was time to go home. It was great hanging out with good friends. There is nothing like relaxing and being around your friends to make you appreciate how blessed you are.
I was sure I was going to get a ticket for speeding so I went about 5mph under the speed limit the whole way home. But I am proud to say that I made it home without another ticket. YEAH!!!




Baby Ethan (4 weeks old), Misty, Nan, Shannon, Baby Gavin (4 months old),
Krystal, Cindy, Hillary,
Terri, Sarah, Doni, Mindy


3 comments:

Tara said...

Two Words:
Totally jealous! Ok, more words, Cop Magnet? Stinks for you to get all those tickets- I'll make sure not to ride with you in the car:)

katie said...

Hey Nan...I saw your link thru Tara's and wanted to say hi! Your kids are adorable and it looks like they keep you busy! I also noticed on this post that we have a mutual friend...Hilary...It really is a small world, huh?!? Hope that you don't mind my blog-spying??? :)

Laura said...

Nan- that is too funny. All those tickets and never once for speeding! Next time- leave Bart's truck home! The weekend sounds amazing- how fun to spend the weekend in such a beautiful home.